Maker Faire 2017



Maker Faire is a weekend long meeting of "Makers" or inventors who create many different products such as 3d printers, microcontrollers, and simple DIY projects like souped up bikes. At Maker Faire, these "makers" show off their creations and inspire others like myself to create new items. Maker Faire isn't just attended by DIY addicts, it also attracts large companies like Microsoft and Arduino, trying to prove their place as the future of humanity.

At the maker faire, I mostly explored the technological section where I viewed the future of mass production, 3d printing. For example, Microsoft has created a tool, standard on Windows 10, that makes it easy to design 3d printed models. A new company called ONO has also created a $99 3d printer that uses your phone to harden a resin in order to create the sculpture. I also attended a seminar on some of the new upcoming microcontrollers, and my favorite was the Huzzah ESP8266, an upgrade to the wifi chip I used in my science fair project. The Maker Faire is truly a great experience, as it shows how people who were once just like you have developed new and exciting products; and I encourage everyone to attend at least once.

Comments

Popular Posts